Born in the Tamar valley, Cornwall, I have been active in exploring a multitude of approaches within the visual arts sector, refining and developing my own practice over the past 20 years. As well as studying Fine Art at BA Honours degree level, my catalyst has always been as a disciplined and highly dedicated self taught artist, from as early as my childhood. I have achieved specific goals within the creative sector and worked in liaison with many arts and creative community organisational teams throughout the southwest. Specifically within the “disability arts” creative sector serving on the board of EQUATA, (now renamed KALEDO), working with individual artists and students, developing action plans and initiatives of support in all areas of the creative industry.
I have designed and delivered many painting and drawing courses and workshops for Cornwall Adult Education authority for the past 5 years as well as regularly running my own workshops for various levels of adult learners.
Studied Fine Art (specialising in Painting) at:
• Plymouth college of Art and Design , 1999 Foundation Diploma, Fine Art ,(Distinction)
• 2002_2003, Higher National Diploma, Fine Art, (Distinction).
• Nominated for Unscenart 2002 , Catto Contemporary gallery . Shorditch London.
• University of Plymouth ,faculty of Art Exeter .2002-2003,Ba Honours degree in Fine Art 2:1
• Awarded the Rupert Lionel Acott prize for outstanding achievement in figurative painting 2003
• Exhibited with the Royal Institute of Oil Painters , The Mall Galleries ,London
• Recruited (by invitation) onto the board of EQUATA southwest ,2005
• Completed a PGCE postgraduate teacher training course in July 2007 (University of Plymouth, Teaching practice at Plymouth College of Art and Design, HE and FE Fine Art and Design programs).
Exhibited by invitation at:
Fresh Art Fair, Islington , London .
Emerging Young Artist 2003, Birmingham , CDA Fine Art.
The Viewpoint Gallery, Plymouth .
The Art Frame Gallery , Plymouth
The Somerville Gallery ,Plymouth.
Mid-Cornwall Galleries, St Austell.
Exeter Phoenix Art centre (solo show)
Start 03 Exhibition ,Exeter Phoenix art centre
Artworks ,The Sherwell Centre ,Plymouth.
The Flavel Dartmouth, with Art Spaces
The Mall Galleries , The Royal Institute of Oil Painters , Federation Of British Artists.
ICI Headquarters and offices, Manchester Street, London,
(Still Inspired Exhibition from a national selection )
Disabled Artists London. (D,A,I,L)
Catto Contemporary Gallery, Shorditch ,London .
Affordable fine Art Fair ,Bristol, with Mid –Cornwall Galleries, 2005
The Rill, Dartmouth , (ArtSpaces )
Art mill, Plymouth. Drawn to the Valley Exhibition
Drawn to the Valley Open Studios Event
The Stable Gallery , Twickenham , London
The Bowie Gallery ,Totnes
Cotehele Gallery, National trust.
Saltrum House, Drawn to the Valley
Plymouth city museum and art gallery
The Horn of Plenty, Gulworthy Devon.
Mount Edgecombe House, National Trust.
Organisations worked with
• Drawn to the Valley, in conjunction with Tamer valley ANOB.
• Cornwall Adult Education Authority 2009 - 2015
• London Disability Arts Forum, (LDAF) 2005 and 2007.
• ICI ltd, Manchester street ,London.
• Exeter Phoenix Art Centre, August 2005, (solo show Gallery talk)
• The Maynard, private girls school Exeter, Fine art Seminar.
• Plymouth college of Art and Design
• EQUATA ltd, Exeter Devon, Devon Disabled Artists Open Exhibition
“Common Ground”, organiser, curator and professional advisor, at The Thelma Holbert Gallery, Honiton.
EQUATA is an organisation that exists for the equality and support for all disabled artist within the creative and entertainment areas. It has now been renamed KALEDO.